Daily habits for healthy skin
Achieving healthy, beautiful skin starts with a proper skincare routine. At the Skin Center of South Miami, patients of the Miami, Florida area can address poor skin texture and tone while improving their skin’s health and protecting it against future concerns such as skin cancer. If you are interested in developing a skincare routine that fits your needs, here are a few good daily habits to start with!
- Wash your face. Use a gentle cleanser to wash the face, preferably twice a day (once in the morning, once at night).
- Eat right. Nutrition can impact the health of the skin, so be sure to maintain a healthy weight and eat a balance diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Shower after workouts. Leaving sweat on the skin can clog pores and leave patients vulnerable to breakouts. Whenever you’ve been sweating, it’s always a good idea to cleanse the body afterwards.
- Use oil-free moisturizers. Even patients with oily skin will want to utilize a moisturizer on the face, as overproduction of oil is often caused by dryness. When you hydrate the skin with a proper moisturizer, you reduce problems such as excess oil.
- Protect the skin with sunscreen. Using a broadband spectrum, high SPF sunscreen every day on exposed skin is important to keep UVA and UVB rays from causing exposure and sunburn. Additionally, protecting the skin each day with sunscreen will significantly reduce a patient’s risk of skin cancer in the future.
- Drink plenty of water. Keeping the body hydrated with regular water is a basic and simple solution to healthier, hydrated skin.
- Manage stress levels. Patients with high levels of psychological stress will often experience certain illnesses while also impacting their skin condition. Skin aging, acne, and hives are common conditions related to stress and can be managed with a reduction in stress levels when possible.
Call the Skin Center of South Miami today!
South Miami, Florida area residents considering skin health solutions are encouraged to take the time to develop a customized skin care plan with the team at the Skin Center of South Miami. Call (305) 740-6181 to request a consultation appointment at our practice and educate yourself further on skin care solutions!