Sun Damaged Skin & Sun Spot Removal in Miami
What is sun damage?
Spending time in the sun is inevitable and perfectly fine in small doses, but when you get too much sun exposure, it can lead to dark spots, wrinkles, and other signs of sun damage to your skin. The sun gives off ultraviolet light rays, also known as UV rays. This kind of light is what causes sunburn and long-term sun damage, sometimes called sun spots or age spots.
What are the symptoms of sun-damaged skin?
The following common symptoms of sun damage may warrant a visit to our team of dermatologists at the Skin Center of South Miami:
- Scaly or peeling skin
- Dry or flaky skin
- Thickened skin
- Fine lines
- Patches of discolored skin
How can I prevent sun damage?
Some of the preventative measures you can take to avoid sun damage include:
- Wear protective clothing and sunscreen when outdoors
- Reapply sunscreen as directed on the bottle
- Stay in the shade when possible
- Limit the amount of time you spend in direct sunlight
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dry skin
- Use lotion regularly
Can I reverse sun damage?
Experts have proposed new ways to reverse some forms of sun damage; however, there is no way to entirely reverse skin problems caused by sun exposure. Some of the available treatment options that may be used to help improve the look of sun-damaged or aging skin include:
What are the benefits of visiting Skin Center of South Miami for sun spot removal?
The benefits of visiting an experienced dermatologist with the Skin Center of South Miami for sun spot treatment include the following:
- Non-invasive treatment options
- Improved look of lines, wrinkling, age spots, and other signs of sun damage
- Little or no discomfort during treatments
- Experienced physicians with specialization in treating sun damage
If you are interested in reversing signs of sun damage, visit our experienced dermatologists at the Skin Center of South Miami. Our providers are experts at sun damage and age spot removal, early cancer detection, and treating sun-damaged skin. Our team is dedicated to delivering personalized dermatology care for every patient, no matter how big or small your concerns are. Call us at 305-740-6181 or fill out the form on this page to schedule a consultation today.