How to reduce skin irritation from autumn allergies
As the weather begins to get cooler and less humid many people find that their skin starts to feel dry. Some of this may be a result of fall allergies, while other patients might deal with hives, rashes, and flare-ups of certain conditions such as eczema. By visiting a dermatologist at the Skin Center of South Miami, you can learn more about how to care for your skin during these drier months and reduce the risk of skin issues caused by autumn air and allergens.
What Can I Do About Skin Irritation During Seasonal Changes?
There are several things you might consider to ease this discomfort and keep your skin looking and feeling its best. Our dermatologists at the Skin Center of South Miami in South Miami, FL, may make a few recommendations to assist in ensuring your skin is healthy and hydrated during this time:
- Use a humidifier: A humidifier in the house can help add moisture back into the air, which is helpful for those with dry skin.
- Moisturize regularly: Be sure to moisturize your skin regularly, especially after bathing or showering.
- Exfoliate gently: Gently exfoliating your skin can help remove dead skin cells that can contribute to irritation.
- Avoid harsh soaps and detergents: Using harsh soaps and detergents can strip natural oils from the skin, which can make irritation worse.
- Protect your skin: Be sure to protect your skin from the sun and wind by wearing appropriate clothing and using sunscreen when necessary.
By following these tips and recommendations from our team, you can ease skin irritations during the fall months and keep the skin looking and feeling its best!
Call the Skin Center of South Miami today!
Our doctors in South Miami, FL, are pleased to work with patients year-round to help them with their skin and body concerns. If you find yourself struggling to keep the skin healthy and clear during the autumn months, it might be time to speak with a dermatologist about your unique needs. Call our practice today at 305-740-6181 to learn more on how to take control of your skin!